Our final morning started off packing up and visiting the airline checkin to drop the suitcases and then bell services to drop the carry-ons. We were done and out of the room around 9am and met some friends. Decided to walk over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Once in the park made our way to Toy Story Land and the group used FastPasses for Slinky Dog Dash. We spent some time roaming around and then made our way over to Star Tours to use another FastPass. Found a warm place to sit in the Backlot Express and grabbed lunch. After lunch stopped by One Man’s Dream and then our friends headed to Toy Story Land and we said our good byes and went toward the park exit. Walked onto a waiting Friendship Launch, they held it for us, and cruised to the Swan/Dolphin where we disembarked and walked back to the Boardwalk. Picked up our bags and waited for the Magical Express bus back to the airport. Ate something in the food court then headed through security and waited for our flight back to Los Angeles to conclude this WDW trip.
Thoughts & Observations:
- Today was to be another cold day but the sun was out making it feel a little warmer. It was pleasant if you were blocked from the wind.
- We headed home today so the day started off packing up everything and checking in for the airline and out of our room. The Airline Checkin we drew the slow person. The other person working went through three groups in the time it took us to get checked in. After the luggage was gone we checked in the carryons with Bell Services and were on our way for the morning.
- Decided to walk to the Studios since there were no boats in sight. The new walkways looked just about to open (which they did a few days after we left!).
- Made our way to Toy Story Land so some friends could use a FastPass+ for Slinky Dog Dash. Toy Story Land felt very crowded and wait times were quickly on the rise.
- The rest of the park did not feel as bad and wait times were more manageable. FastPass+ options existed too. I booked a Star Tours one with a window starting about 15 minutes after booking.
- Had a relaxing and warm lunch at the Backlot Express before bidding good bye to our friends and wrapping up this trip.
- As we exited the park and passed security we saw a Friendship boat in dock boarding. We assumed we would miss it so just casually walked that way. The cast member saw our group and a couple others and waved to us and held the boat. That saved us a good 10-15 minutes and was very nice.. of course the one day I did not need the extra time!
- We typically call Magical Express and shift our pick up time an extra 30 minutes or more earlier just to allow extra time at the airport. Today was no exception and we were pleased we did as the bus was late arriving.
- After picking us up the bus made one more stop at Caribbean Beach Resort. As we pulled in I spotted a gondola in the Skyliner station for testing.
- Once at the airport it felt fairly calm compared to past visits. The regular TSA line was posted at 15 minutes. The pre-check which I had was backed up and took about 10 so it did not save much time this trip.
- Our flight actually closed the door and pushed back almost 10 minutes early. That was a rarity for us. The flight was uneventful just long, clocking in at over 5 hours thanks to the headwinds.
- LAX was its normal crazy self plus construction and slow. In the end though we managed to get our bags, catch the shuttle, and get the car in about an hour from touching down which seems like record time for LAX! Traffic was good too and it was about 2 hours from landing until we were unloading the car at home which is really fast.
- That wraps up this trip to Walt Disney World. Thanks for reading the trip reports and taking a look at the pictures. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions or comments feel free to drop us an email or tweet. I am always happy to chat.
Pedometer Information for the day:
Addition Blog Picture Posts from today: