Started off the morning with a pre-dawn wake up call (5:30am) and a quick breakfast then off to Disney’s Oak Trail for a quick 9 holes teeing off at 7am. After our round returned to Kidani for a shower then set off for the Magic Kingdom in the rain. Wandered down Main Street USA and out to Fantasyland. Circled the Mine Train which was running with media on board. The rain picked up so stopped by Cosmic Rays to enjoy a dry and uncrowded early lunch. After lunch made my way to Frontierland by way of Liberty Square. Visited the Country Bears and then made my way toward Main Street as the rain came down harder. Hopped on the resort monorail and disembarked at the Contemporary to find some of my group there. We watched the rain a bit then continued on around to the Polynesian Resort so I could get some pictures (others headed to Downtown Disney). Then took a bus to the Animal Kingdom and transferred to an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus to head back to the room for a couple hours before dinner. Set out for the Animal Kingdom and transferred to Fort Wilderness bus and made our way out to Trail’s End for dinner. After dinner hopped on a bus to Wilderness Lodge for a bit then took a boat to the Magic Kingdom, Express Monorail to TTC, and the monorail to Epcot. Walked through Future World taking some pictures while trying to remain dry and made my way out to World Showcase Lagoon with a couple minutes to spare before the start of Illuminations, Reflections of Earth. After the show made my way to the bus and back to Kidani to wrap up my evening.
Thoughts & Observations:
- Today was another early morning round of golf out at Disney’s Oak Trail. Nothing to report, it was a nice quick round and we finished up before the rain started.
- Speaking of the weather today was a very wet day with the rain starting mid morning and lasting most of the day.
- Early this morning (while we were on the golf course) was the official dedication of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I was hoping for a soft opening this week but no such luck. Disney announced the official opening for May 28th.
- Arrived at the Magic Kingdom around 10:30 to a fairly healthy crowd considering it was starting to rain already.
- No Mine Train soft opening or official opening. Seems odd to have dedication nearly a month before the attraction opens. Today they were running a couple of trains with invited guests/media and empty ones.
- Spent some time walking around the Magic Kingdom in the rain. The Diamond Horseshoe was open for lunch today so took a quick peek inside. Nice to see it open, too bad no entertainment though. I was surprised to see it open given the park was not that busy.
- Paid a visit to the Country Bears. They had large crowd, not sure it was time or day or because of the weather.
- Some of our group was scheduled to go fishing in the early afternoon, but this was cancelled due to the lakes being closed because of the storm. At one point you could barely see Discovery Island from the Contemporary.
- Took a trip out to the Polynesian to take a last look at the lobby area before the major construction begins. I had planned to head out to the beach to see the DVC work but due to a down pour skipped that.
- For dinner I ventured out to Fort Wilderness for a change of pace and a relaxing meal at Trails End. We always enjoy paying a visit to the area and Trails End has a great buffet.
- After dinner took the long way to Epcot and arrived around 8:30. Had about half an hour to wander around Future World in the light rain and find a spot for the show.
- I was disappointed to find that FastPass+ had taken one of my favorite spots to watch the show from. So when I showed up a couple minutes before the show I had to move to an alternative location.
Pedometer Information for the day:
Parenthesis are the golf portion of the total in case you wanted to separated out the theme park.
|Moderate ||15,659 (5,012)