Started off the cool morning walking to Epcot. Roamed through World Showcase and ended up at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. Spent some time with the fish then explored Innoventions. Watched the fountain of Nations a bit while some shopped then grabbed a quick lunch at the Electric Umbrella. After lunch made my way out to Norway to check out the new exhibit and the Frozen Meet and Greet. Then walked quickly over to Canada to see the Holiday Voyeagers. After their set continued on around World Showcase spending some time in France, Morocco and Japan. Took in a Voices of Liberty Concert then saw the American Adventure. The weather looked like It may rain so I slowly made my way back to the Boardwalk to rejoin the rest of my group. Met some friends and then we all walked over to check out the lobby of the Yacht and Beach Clubs followed by dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. After dinner strolled around the Boardwalk and they stopped for ice cream before we headed back to the room.
Thoughts & Observations:
- Arrived at Epcot just after opening and found myself in Future World and the Seas with Nemo and Friends. There were a fair amount of guests inside but no line for the attraction.
- After 11am when World Showcase opened I made my way over to Norway to check out the Frozen exhibit and the new Meet and Greet. Between these two new additions and the princess breakfast wrapping up Norway was fairly busy. Still no wait for the attraction but the Meet and Greet line was over an hour. It was a challenge to get pictures of the characters and they were inside a section that used to be part of the store. There was a small viewing area near the exit but it was very crowded and an awkward angle.
- Next up made my way around to Canada to finally catch the Holiday Voyeagers. Off Kilter had the holidays off this year and this new group took over the stage. They were led by a French Canadian female vocalist and took you on a musical journey across Canada featuring Christmas music. I thought the show was ok but tightly scripted and not sure how the repeatability would be. I only saw it once and it worked.
- The new building in Morocco that will house the new restaurant as well as gift shop is taking shape. I am not sure I like the new trend to build along the water line. That means less views of World Showcase lagoon during the day as well as evening for Illuminations. I am guessing the premium views will mean more for the restaurants but still not a huge fan of it.
- Finally caught the Voices of Liberty performing. Due the Candlelight they wrap up their sets in the early afternoon. I always enjoy their Christmas sets and this year was no exception.
- Dinner this evening was at one of my favorite restaurants, the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We book ended our trip with steak house visits this trip, Shulas on day 2 and then Yachtsman tonight to close it out. Overall I was disappointed this trip. I thought the service was lacking and not up to the high standards. We had a new waitress, believe she had only been there a month or so. The rolls that came were great as usual but were not warm/hot. There was some confusion on clearing the salad dishes. They brought out the main course and had to take it back to clear the table. This meant some of the main course had cooled by the time it found us. I had asked for no salt/seasoning on my fries and that was not done correctly. And my steak looked like the chef was bored and charred it to get it to be well done. The cut this time was not up to par with previous visits either. Then to top it off seems they decided to go really heavy on the pepper on the steak. I survey the other four I dinned with, all of whom were at both and they all thought their steak at Yachtsman was better than Shulas, so I was in the minority this time around. My meal was good but not great and I expect great at Yachtsman and they usually deliver.
Pedometer Information for the day: