Started off the morning checking our luggage in with the airline folks and then dropped our carry-ons with the bell services team before grabbing a quick bite to eat Everything Pop then hopping on a bus over to the Magic Kingdom. Stopped by the firehouse to pick up some more Sorcerer cards then embarked on a journey to finish the game. I walked in circles between Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland and Liberty Square to finish the remaining handful or so villains off. Finished right before lunch and stopped by the Village Haus for a quick bite to eat. Wandered around Fantasyland and Storybook Circus taking some last pictures of the construction before heading to Main Street to rejoin my group. Met up at the firehouse and completed Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. The plan was to then take the Ferry Boat but after hiking over there it was closed so doubled back and hopped on the Express Monorail then transferred to the EPCOT monorail. Once at EPCOT walked out to the bus stop for one last ride back to Pop Century. Picked up our bags, changed and waited for the Magical Express Bus.
Thoughts & Observations:
- Today was our last day so first stops of the day were to check our luggage in and store our carryons before heading out to the parks. We encountered no problems at all and even had no wait for either, guess that is one advantage to checking out on a Saturday.
- First stop of the day was the Magic Kingdom to wrap up the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. I thought I was close but in reality I was just over half way so it took me quite a while but I did manage to finish. I learned you have to defeat nine villains to complete the game.
- I was very disappointed with the ending. It simply said the end on the screen. No further instructions. I stopped by the fire house and they give you an extra pack of cards for completing it (just another random pack nothing special), then give you the option to reset your account or leave it as is. Basically it meant I completed the first level but as of now there is no second level so if I wanted to keep playing they had would reset so I could start all over again. I choose to leave mine as it was in hopes that on the next visit I could pick up where I left off.
- Ate lunch at the Village Haus and was slightly annoyed at first to find all the doors were closed/locked/or blocked by CMs and you had to walk all the way around to enter from where I had started. I learned this was because they were restricting access to the dining area to those with food. So after you ordered a cast member helped you to a table. This was fairly efficient and seemed to keep things moving. The one drawback I noticed was the first CM I was to follow took off and I stopped to grab fork/knife/napkin and when I looked up she was no where to be seen so I had to find a second one to find me a table.
- Took one last look at the Fantasyland work since I am assuming by my next visit most of it will be open. If the Storybook Circus is an indication of what is to come I think it will be a great addition to the Magic Kingdom.
- Closed out my trip with a monorail ride over/through EPCOT for one last look at the Flower and Garden Festival. Always fun to look down on the large flower beds.
- Nothing eventful leaving Disney, on the Magical Express, nor at the Orlando airport. When we arrived in Los Angeles we were almost half an hour early and there was no gate so that meant we sat at the end of the run way for over 20 minutes. We ended up pulling into the gate two minutes early only. Then when we reached the baggage claim area we noticed all lanes stopped outside. Seems there was an accident near the exit and everything was jammed up. Welcome back to LA.. a traffic jam.
Pedometer Information for the day: