World of Color - Winter Dreams - Paraide Pier- (November 14, 2013 - present)
My first impressions from 11/14/13 -
World of Color - Winter Dreams is an entirely new show using the fountains and lights in Paradise Bay from the original World of Color plus some new elements. Steve Davison and his team have delivered another incredible night time experience. Here is Steve Davison and Josh Gad introducing the show:
I found it to be a fun holiday trip, an entertaining show, and great use of the technology. It will make for some tough choices this holiday season on seeing it vs Believe in Holiday Magic, which is one of my favorite fireworks shows. I thought the new lighting elements on the Fun Wheel and Screamin made for some great effects throughout the show. Due to my vantage point some of the enhancements in the viewing area were not that visible.
- As with the premiere of the original World of Color show as soon as the show ended I wanted to see it again. The scope of the show is big and trying to take it all in while shooting video and stills and cell phone pictures made it a challenge (I apologize for some of my video as it wandered while I was using a second or third camera or just enjoying the incredible panorama view of the show).
- I thought the pacing of the show was good, except the Toy Story segment seemed rather long to me. One other negative comment I do not know why but the line Olaf speaks to introduce the sing along where he asks guests to follow his bouncing butt just seemed out of place at a Disney park. I understand it is in character for Josh as well as Olaf but still just stuck out to me as awkward and something that could have been cut since everyone understands to follow along.
- The honor choir introduction featuring Glow was a powerful way to kick the show off and should be interesting how this concept evolves over the years. Here is a video of the opening of World of Color - Winter Dreams, here is a video of the opening:
- The show features Glow with the Show Ears. Once again it looked incredible Thursday since just about everyone in the audience had a set, they were given out to the guests of the various meets as well as the media. On normal show nights the effect will be no where near as grand. Too bad there is not a more cost effective way to get these out to guests. I think they do add to the show, for sure the pictures and video!
- Speaking of pictures and video I tried to stay wide with mine from Thursday because of the great vantage point I was given. Unfortunately this meant I missed some of the detail and from my spot I could not see the projections on Screamin. So I look forward to capturing both on future visits.
Here is a video of the finale:
- I would really like to see an updated Holiday CD from Disney this year featuring World of Color Winter Dreams. I think it would sell well based on my first viewing of the show and comments from others.
Viva Navidad! Street Party - Paraide Pier- (November 12, 2013 - present)
The highlight of the Viva Navidad! event is the "Street Party". This high energy show takes place several times a day. Dancers, performers, characters, and floats take to the parade route in front of Paradise Gardens to celebrate. The event is led by the Three Caballeros. It features folklorico and samba dancers and giant Mojiganga puppets.