EMMY AWARD® WINNING HOLIDAY SPECIAL DISNEY ‘PREP & LANDING’
EXTENDS ITS SECRET OPERATION ONLINE
Disney “Prep and Landing” to air Thursday Dec. 9 at 8:30/7:30c on ABC
ABC.com and Disney Online to Offer Exclusive “Prep and Landing” Online Video, Games, Crafts and Holiday Activities for the Whole Family
BURBANK, Calif. – Dec. 9, 2010 – The elite unit of elves from ABC’s Emmy Award® winning holiday special “Prep & Landing,” extends their adventures online this holiday season with more fun and games than ever before. ABC.com and Disney.com are the designated online command centers for all things Prep & Landing, offering streaming of the full-length special and new 7-minute short after they air on ABC; new Prep & Landing online creativity tools and activities on Disney.com’s Create; exclusive videos, online games and more. Disney Family.com is also offering a variety of Prep & Landing printable crafts, recipes and holiday activities the whole family can make and enjoy together.
Prep & Landing features on ABC.com (www.abc.com/prepandlanding) include:
- Seven “Prep and Landing” shorts currently available
- “Prep & Landing: Operation Secret Santa,” the new 7-minute short is now available on ABC.com
- The original Emmy Award winning “Prep & Landing” will be featured on ABC.com beginning Dec. 10
Prep & Landing features on Disney.com (www.disney.com/prepandlanding) include:
- “Prep & Landing: Operation Secret Santa,” the new 7-minute short, will be featured on Disney.com beginning Dec. 17
- The full-length Emmy Award® winning “Prep & Landing” holiday special will be available for streaming on Dec. 10
- Exclusive Disney.com original short video “Tiny’s BIG Adventure”
- Kringle Academy online game, where players can train to someday become part of the Prep & Landing team
- Digital toys and downloadable artwork
- Prep & Landing Digital Painter on Disney.com’s Create, allows fans to create their own original Prep & Landing artwork with a unique set of holiday-themed pens, stamps and fills inspired by the holiday special
- Prep & Landing Photo Mashup on Disney.com’s Create, features a rich set of stamps, backgrounds and characters to create personalized Prep & Landing art and landscapes
Featured on Disney Family.com are Prep & Landing crafts, recipes and printables, including:
- How to Prep for Santa Prep & Landing booklet, with fun activities to get your house Santa-ready
- A printable village play set so kids can dream up their own adventures for Wayne and Lanny
- A homemade snow globe ornament featuring any picture inside
- An easy-to-make gingerbread cookie recipe that looks just like the Gingerbread Man Scanner (GBM) that Wayne and Lanny use
- Dozens of different holiday crafts and printable activities including a snazzy Christmas tree tie just like Wayne’s; printable 3-D versions of the Prep & Landing elves, a printable Gingerbread man decoder that can be used to send secret messages, and even a elf-size door craft so kids without a fireplace can make sure Wayne and Lanny inspect their home
About Disney Prep & Landing
Disney “Prep & Landing” is the story of Wayne, an elf who believes that Christmas is just a job. After working for 227 years preparing homes for Santa's arrival, Wayne is upset when he doesn't receive an expected promotion. His patience is put to the test when he is paired with Lanny, an idealistic rookie who embraces the spirit of the holiday season. The Elves encounter unexpected challenges on their mission, and Wayne learns that his job has an incredible value that he never realized.
Disney “Prep and Landing” airs Thursday, Dec 9 at 8:30/7:30c on ABC.
As the online home of the ABC Television Network, ABC.com is dedicated to providing users with innovative ways to experience their favorite shows. In addition to the new ABC Music Lounge and the Emmy & Webby Award-winning ABC Full Episode Player, the site also offers viewers of ABC’s hit series everything from games, blogs, community forums, photos and downloadables to the ABC Store which provides fans access to a wide variety of unique ABC-related merchandise. ABC.com is available anytime, anywhere on mobile devices at m.abc.com.
About Disney Online
Disney Online (www.Disney.com or text MOBILE to DISNEY (347639)*) a unit of Disney Interactive Media Group, produces the No. 1 ranked community-family and parenting destination on the World Wide Web**. Launched in 1996, Disney.com is the online and now mobile web gateway to all of the company's Disney-branded entertainment initiatives, providing comprehensive access to, and information about Disney movies, travel, television, games, music, shopping and live events.
The Disney Online Mom and Family Portfolio is a leading group of sites that provide inspiration and ideas for parents on a variety of topics important to today’s families, including recipes, crafts, vacation ideas, pregnancy and parenting tips. Other sites in the Portfolio include Kaboose.com, FamilyFun.com and BabyZone.com.
*Msg. & data rates may apply.
**comScore Media Metrix